Laundry Lessons
If you've visited us in the last six months have probably heard Robert and I rant about our somewhat-new-and-inconsiderate neighbors Drew and Sean. They're post-college wannabe boy toys who live to party on Sunset Strip. They talk incessantly about babes and boobs, about "getting some," "where they got some," and "how they got some." Sean parks his turbo black Hummer-sized booty on our side of the lot at least once a week--even after several tactful reminders. They stomp like elephants up and down the stairs and the whole apartment quakes. They smoke and talk with drinking buddies at 3am underneath our bedroom window. On a Wednesday. Then last night around midnight I suddenly remembered that I forgot to put my bedsheets into the dryer. Oops. I contemplated sleeping on the sofa (which is actally quite comfy), and almost defaulted on going to the laundry room altogether. But I went so I could at least have dry sheets by morning.
Someone had taken out my sheets so he could wash his clothes, now lying damp in the washer. I looked in the dryer and wow--my sheets were fresh and fluffy, ahh and still warm. Whoever followed me not only put my sheets in the dryer but used their own money to dry them.
I felt like the shoemaker who wakes up to rows of beautiful shoes magically made by elves overnight. Really grateful so I taped a thank-you post-it to the dryer and left behind $1 in quarters in kind. I tiptoed back to my place and waited for the mystery helper to appear.
Five minutes after going to bed I hear the thunder of elephant feet underneath the apartment. I poked out over the balcony and waited for the magic elf to return back so I could see who it was. Early bet was on my other neighbor Guy, but he usually puts our wet clothes on top of the dryer--as it typical apartment etiquette. Next up, Inconsiderate Sidekick Drew, who alone, seemed to have some decency.
No, it turned out to be Mr. Inconsiderate Tall Dark and Pretty Sean. I nodded my head in disbelief than smiled as I jumped back into bed. Goes to show me that there's something surprising and good in just about anyone. I just wished Robert was here to witness this. Thanks to Sean, my neighbor-turned-elf.
Labels: blah blah blah, steph

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home